Monday, September 14

Turnberry Wedding in Scotland

On 22nd August I went up to Scotland to Rachel and Murray's wedding in Scotland. I was there as second shooter for my friend Sheila Morris who owns Dove Photography based in Blackpool. The church service was at Symington Parish Church in Ayrshire which was about a 40 minute drive from Turnberry Hotel and Golf Courses, which is where the reception was taking place.

I was really excited to be helping Sheila with this wedding as it gave me a chance to go up and visit my Mum who lives in Ayr. On the day of the wedding it was really sunny, which was a bit of a bonus because the weather in Scotland can be truly awful. We met the bride at the hotel and then Sheila and I raced off to the Church. It was a really gorgeous setting for a wedding and is one of the oldest churches in Scotland. True to tradition the bride was a bit late but it was worth the wait as she looking gorgeous and radiant. One of the highlights for me was that they had a "scramble" for the children waiting outside when the bride and groom came out of the church. I remember this from when I was young and lived in Scotland and it was such fun to see all the children taking part.

Turnberry Hotel was a fantastic setting for the reception afterwards. I used to work there when I was younger and it was great to visit the hotel again with all the recent renovations that have taken place. We managed to get out to the Lighthouse for a short while and take some photos there while the guests were at the drinks reception. By then it had turned cloudy and was also quite windy but we still managed to have some fun.

I feel very privileged to have been part of this wedding in a place that means such a lot to me. Thank you to Sheila for asking me to join you in capturing their memories.

If you are getting married and would like to chat to us about your day please contact Louise on 01342 300352. Alternatively you can email me on louise@pureviewphoto.com.

Gorgeous Bride
Inside the beautiful Church
The scramble outside the Church
Some alone time with Bride & Groom
At the Turnberry Lighthouse
Congratulations!
A quiet moment...
Rachel's Daughter

1 comment:

Dove Photography said...

Louise,

Thank-you for being with me to photograph such a beautiful wedding.Its always a real pleasure to work with you, it makes photographic life very pleasant when you have a 'partner in crime'.

I love your blog, I can only hope that mine gets better in time.. ha ha.

Have a lovely weekend, thanks again, your photos are FAB!!!!

Sheila.x